AirLock – managed data export and sharing
The “AirLock” feature provides an enhanced level of security for the download of files and/or data tables to a user’s local computer. To maintain the security of data in a workspace, users must submit a request to download one or more files or data tables. Such requests are managed by users with workspace administrative privileges.
Submitting a download request
Users can request to download datasets and files. To submit a request to download a file or multiple files, navigate to Summary tab and select Request a Download found in the Tools menu. You can also select individual file in Files tab, and click Request to download.
Users are required to supply a comment describing the reason for the request, and select Files.
Then, select one or multiple files to download and click Attach Files. Likewise, users can request to download datasets by selecting the Dataset option in the menu. Similarly, select the datasets you want to export and confirm by pressing Attach Datasets. Datasets will be exported as .CSV files.
You will see a list of selected files and datasets appear in the dialog. You can remove unwanted objects here by clicking Remove.
When you click on Submit Request your request to download will be published. You will see the request appear in the activity stream with the status. You can also filter the activity stream to view requests which are awaiting authorisation.
Other users can leave comments on your request. At this stage, workspace Administrators will be notified about your request and can accept or refuse your request.
Downloading approved files
Once your request is approved by an Administrator, the status of your request will change to . Click on Download, this will download all approved files wrapped in a ZIP file.
Authorising and rejecting download requests
Administrators have the ability to either approve or reject download requests. Administrators receive a notification each time a user submits a request to download, with all notifications available for review in the top navigation bar.
As well as seeing all notifications here, Administrators can filter their notifications to show those requests awaiting authorisation.
To approve the request, click Approve. This will change status of the request to and will allow users to download the requested files.
Rejecting download requests
To reject the request, simply click Reject. This will change status of the request to and users won’t be able to download the requested files.
You can also add a comment to provide more details about your decision to approve/reject download requests. Administrators can also reject the request even after it was approved. This will also change status of the request to will remove link to download files.
To contact support, send an email to the Aridhia service desk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What do I need to know?
- Working with workspaces
- Role-based access control
- Loading data into workspace
- Uploading data using the web interface
- Uploading data using SFTP
- Before you can upload data
- Preparing CSV files for uploading with SFTP
- The file name
- Contents of the CSV file
- Using table definition files with SFTP uploads
- The format of the table definition file
- The table definition element
- Data transformation during upload processes
- Working with data
- Working with files
- To upload files using SFTP
- To upload file-based data
- Creating a new file
- Adding and deleting files
- Downloading a file to your computer
- Opening, editing, and saving files
- Working with SQL files
- Working with R
- Working with LaTex markdown files .rnw
- Creating a report script
- Editing a report script
- Loading the ‘knitr’ library
- Generating a report from a script
- Viewing a generated report and optionally saving it to the workspace
- Making an image file available to a report script
- Working with mini-apps
- Enabling collaboration
- AirLock – managed data export and sharing
- Virtual desktop functionality
- Workspace snapshot
- Reviewing audit information