Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
If you are looking for a Senior QA Engineer role in an environment that is fast-paced, collaborative with a shared sense of ownership, then this could be the ideal role for you!
As a key member of the QA team, you will ensure the ongoing quality of Aridhia’s products from requirements, through to design, implementation and into operation.
The Senior QA Engineer is responsible for creating and executing test plans according to acceptance criteria, write and run automation tests and reporting back to the Agile scrum team when any anomalies are found. This role is ideal for anyone who has an interest in carrying out and learning about a wide variety of testing types from manual and automated testing to functional and non-functional testing, in addition to working and learning about cloud based platforms.
Working with Aridhia is about more than just a job; it is a chance to make a real difference to the world. Our customers are conducting important research into diseases including Alzheimer's disease, cancer, and covid-19 and you will be supporting them.
What you’ll be doing
- Actively contribute on projects as an Agile/Scrum team member
- Design, implement, maintain, and execute automated tests
- Take a lead role in specific projects and larger implementation to ensure test plans and execution of both functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Design and maintain smoke and regression test suites
- Log clear and easy to understand defects and retest these when fixed
- Deploy changes and maintain the test environments
- Notice opportunities and drive enhancements of quality processes and tools
- Self-management of own work and responsibilities
- Provide support in the release and deployment process
- Other related duties may need to be performed under the direction of the QA Manager or the Agile Technical Managers.
- Monday to Friday
- Start time: between 08:00 and 10:00
- Finish time: between 16:00 and 18:30
What you’ll bring
- Solid knowledge of software test methodologies, tools and processes
- Hands on experience of automated testing techniques and tools, for example Cucumber/Selenium, cypress.io or Postman
- A knack for breaking software; an ability to observe what is going on and to notice what others miss
- Excellent numeracy, oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Demonstrate leadership of small team
- Ability to estimate effort of QA work
- Experience in a QA or testing function.
- Knowledge of stress and load testing techniques and tools, e.g. jMeter
- Knowledge of and understanding of security testing and penetration testing tools
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experience of accessibility testing
- A University degree in numerate, technical or scientific field
- ISTQB Test Certification.